Terre Haute Humane Society strives to match people with pets who fit their lifestyle. We're excellent matchmakers and we take our mission to care for our animals very seriously - that includes taking the time to find them loving and responsible homes.
We have a wide variety of cats, dogs, rabbits, and small animals available for adoption. If you don't find what you're looking for today, we encourage you to continue checking regularly with all local animal organizations as we constantly get new animals.
Currently due to the COVID-19 crisis the Terre Haute Humane Society will be doing adoptions by appointment only.
Adopting a Pet, Step-by-Step
- View cats and dogs available for adoption.
- If there is a dog or cat you are interested in adopting and would like to meet please click Adopt Me Now on the listing for the animal.
- A THHS staff member will review your application and call you and schedule the day and time for you to come to the shelter to meet the dog(s) or cat(s) you are interested in adopting.
- Before the appointment can be scheduled you must have an approved application (This does not obligate you to adopt.)
- Please limit your party to 2 people who are at least 18 years old (adopter must be at least 21 years old). We are not allowing children on the premises at this time to reduce the exposure of our staff to COVID-19.
- Please do not come to the shelter if you have a fever or a cough.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you arrive at the shelter.
- If it is not raining the meet and greet will take place outside (all meet and greets with cats will take place inside).
- Our staff will be practicing social distancing and be wearing a mask and gloves
- If you decide that you would like to adopt a dog or cat you will be able to take them home immediately if the animal has been spayed or neutered.
- If the animal has not been spayed or neutered we will schedule the surgery with our vet and notify you when you will be able to pick up the dog.
- Payment is required before we will schedule the appointment to have them spayed or neutered.
NOTE: All adoption applications are subject to approval by an Adoption Advisor. Adopters must be 21 years of age. All dogs must leave with a collar and leash. All cats must leave in a pet carrier for their safety.
- Dogs & Puppies (7 months & older) - $125
- Puppies under 7 months - $175
- Senior Dogs (6 years & older) -$100
- Cats/Kittens - $85
- Senior Cats (6 years & older) - $60
- Fees may vary on select animals
- Spay or Neuter
- Vaccinations (except Rabies)
- 1 Year's Membership to the THHS Dog Park
- 1 month Free 24PetWatch Insurance*
- First Office visit with a participating Veterinarian
* Some limitations on insurance.
SPECIAL OFFER- $25 microchip for other family pets at time of adopting a new pet.
Microchips are available to the public for $35, please call for an appointment! (812-232-0293)
Questions? Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org